Read here: Ekiti State Economic Summit 2021
14th October, 2021
Theme: “Investment Attractiveness and Economic Development: Lessons for Sub-National”
- Ekiti was declared a state on the 1st of October in 1996.
- The State, carved out of the territory of old Ondo State, covers the former twelve local government areas that made up the Ekiti Zone of old Ondo State.
- It lies south of Kwara and Kogi states, east of Osun state and is bounded by Ondo state in the east and in the south.
- Ekiti state is an upland zone, rising over 250 meters above sea level.
- The state boasts of the population and land size of about 2.97million and 5,887.890sq.km.
- Nicknamed the Land of Honour, the State has an estimated Area of about 7,000 square kilometers and rank 31st in size compared to other states in the country.
- Ekiti state stands out among the other states in the region in terms of quality
of human capital development.
- Ekiti State is reputed to have produced the highest number of professors in Nigeria. Several pioneers of academics are from the State.
In commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the creation, the Ekiti state Economic Summit comes as a giant stride to think forward on how to enhance the level of investment attractiveness and economic development of the State.
The Ekiti state Economic Summit comes as a pathway to think forward in predicating investment attractiveness and economic development of the State.
Click below to read the full presentation: