QUARTERLY WESTERN NIGERIA GOVERNORS’ FORUM
VENUE: LAGOS HOUSE, ALAUSA, IKEJA, LAGOS STATE
DATE: MARCH 27TH & 28TH 2018
THEME: CONSOLIDATING THE LEGACY OF REGIONAL INTEGRATION
The meeting which was hosted by the Governor of Lagos State, H.E, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, FCA had in attendance:
1 Governor of Ekiti State H.E, Dr. Ayodele Fayose
2 Governor of Ondo State H.E, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu SAN
3 Governor of the State of Osun H.E, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola
4 Governor of Oyo State H.E, Senator Abiola Ajimobi
5 Governor of Ogun State Represented by Deputy Governor, H.E Mrs. Yetunde Onanuga
6 Deputy Governor of Lagos State H.E Mrs Idiat Oluranti Adebule
Also in attendance were the Acting Director-General DAWN Commission, Mr. Seye Oyeleye; Chairman Odua Investment Group Limited, Engineer Akinwunmi; Group Managing Director, Odu’a Investment Company Limited, Mr. Adewale Raji; the Managing Director of NIRSAL, Mallam Aliyu Abdulhameed; Focal representatives and some very high level officials across the States in the Region.
The meeting was primarily focused on consolidating regional actions and processes that would drive the sustainable development of key socio-economic sectors of Western Nigeria.
At the end of the meeting, the Governors of the Region agreed and committed:
1. That Lagos State is formally a member of the O’dua Investment Group.
2. That the states in the region will embark on a Rice Accelerated Program for Integrated Development (Western
RAPID) to further consolidate actions on food security and job creation in the Region.
3. That a Regional Agriculture Summit be held in Ibadan, Oyo State in May 2018 and sponsored by Lagos State.
4. That DAWN Commission, Focal Representatives and Agriculture Commissioners hold a technical session with the
Nigeria Incentive-based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL) and develop a state by state roadmap in 4 weeks before the Regional Agriculture Summit scheduled for May 2018.
5. That DAWN Commission should work on reviving Regional Inter-School Football Competition.
6. That DAWN Commission should conduct a study on the successes in Education in Ekiti State for peer learning/adoption among the Western Nigeria states.
7. That DAWN Commission, and the Focal representatives should structure a programme on the Omoluabi Ethos of the
8. That the States of the Region as a bloc will be monitoring the process for the Murtala Muhammed International Airport
Concession into a world class infrastructure.
9. That Mr Oluseye Oyeleye is confirmed as the substantive Director General of DAWN Commission.
Western Nigeria Governors Forum